- ABOUT CARLYLE
- Corporate Overview
- The Carlyle Edge
- Illuminate Commentary
- Geographic Reach
- Portfolio Employees Map
- Industry Awards
- Corporate Videos
- Carlyle FAQ
Who We AreOur firm is global.Our expertise is deep.Our products are diverse.We work for our investors.We form partnerships.We invest wisely.We create value.
- OUR BUSINESS
- Find a Carlyle Team Member
- Board of Directors
- Executive Group
- Management Committee
- Operating Executives
Carlyle professionals collaborating seamlessly and selflessly across funds, industries and geographies to deliver the wisdom, knowledge and resources required to invest wisely and create value for our investors.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business practice and creates long-term value for our investors.
- MEDIA ROOM
- PUBLIC INVESTORS
- CREATING VALUE
About Carlyle - Overview
The Carlyle Group is a global alternative asset manager with $203 billion of assets under management across 129 funds and 141 fund of funds vehicles. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with 1,700 professionals operating in 40 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
We Work For Our Investors
More than 1,700 investors from 78 countries rely on Carlyle to achieve premium returns on their invested capital. Our investors range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Through an array of products and geographic specific-funds, we work to meet the dynamic needs of the world’s most sophisticated investors.
Four Business Segments
- Corporate Private Equity — buyout and growth capital
- Real Assets — real estate, infrastructure and energy and renewable resources
- Global Market Strategies — distressed and corporate opportunities, corporate mezzanine, energy mezzanine, hedge funds and structured credit
- Solutions — gives investors access to the large and complex universe of alternative investment strategies — private equity, real estate and hedge funds
Carlyle Creates Value
Carlyle uses its One Carlyle global network, deep industry knowledge, Executive Operations Group and portfolio intelligence to create and execute a customized value creation plan for each of our corporate private equity and real asset investments.
Reach — One Carlyle Global Network
- More than 800 investment professionals on six continents with local knowledge and relationships
- Our professionals work together across funds, industries and geographies to help colleagues
Expertise — Deep Industry Knowledge
- Invest in sectors we know, and value depth over breadth
- Sectors of focus: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy & power, financial services, healthcare, industrial, infrastructure, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation
Impact — Executive Operations Group
- 26-person team of Operating Executives — C-Level executives and sector specialists with an average of over 40 years' experience
- Advise Carlyle professionals through the investment process, from sourcing deals, conducting diligence, managing companies and exiting transactions
Data — Portfolio Intelligence
- Global portfolio of more than 200 companies and 300 active real estate investments as of September 30, 2014 generates real-time, actionable data
- Incorporate proprietary analysis of data into investment, operational and exit decisions